About The Thrivapy Blog


I created The Thrivapy Blog to share my thoughts and ideas about living a learning lifestyle.

For more, visit my website: www.thrivapy.com
Thank You,
Dr. Troy P. Roddy

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My Name Is...




Teachers,

What a wonderful way of introducing yourself!

In a world that is rewarding more and more those who choose to create, I love the idea of shifting the paradigm from "Educator" to "Knowledge Creator." After all, one could make an argument that an educator is someone who gives an education. I am not sure an education can be "given." It can be earned as a reward for creating knowledge, though.

Try it out. Look in the mirror. Introduce yourself. Instead of saying you are an educator or teacher, say you help children create knowledge.

Tell someone else. How do they respond? There is great potential for your introduction to lead to a wonderful conversation.

Thanks for reading,

Troy